Monday, April 9, 2012

Fun with Chicken Little

I hope everyone had a restful and blessed Easter Holiday. It was a little short but worth the extended weekend. We decided to add a Little Chicken to our Easter week by reading several versions of the classic story, Chicken Little. With a litte help from my friend at First Grade Blue Skies, my class had in depth inquiry into Chicken Little, the variety of characters, the different settings, the unique endings and the delicious variety of writing prompts. Here is a final sample of their Chicken Little Artwork. We fell in Love with their cute faces.

The students also had a lot of fun counting, sorting and graphing jelly beans and marshmallow bunnies during Thursday's math lesson!

I am looking forward to Earth Day activities. I will be posting pictures throughout the month. Our next IB Planner addresses how consumer products affect our environment. The students will begin an inquiry into "What Going Green" Means and produce many recyclable items.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Those turned out SO cute!!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Unknown said...

Just shared your blog post on FB! =)

Lisa Sharp said...

Wow, thank you Jennifer! Didn't they turn out sweet? Were still trying to finish up some of the cute writing! I hope you tagged me!
:)

Unknown said...

Cute blog! I am a new follower! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Jan Brady said...

Cute little chickens! I'm a new follower. I've been super lazy with my blog, but will get back into it.
- Jan Brady
firstgradehoneybunch@blogspot.com

Lisa Sharp said...

Thank you Cheryl and Jan. I'll be sure to follow you! I have lots to learn!!!!!

Michelle Griffo said...

HOW CUTE!!!! I just read chicken little and this would have been soooo cute!
I am your newest follower!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

Unknown said...

What where your writing prompts I am looking for ideas

Post a Comment